For those Blizz-heads out there, this slathering of news will be sure to delight. Though it was ominously absent from the 2012 calendar year, Blizzard’s annual BlizzCon gaming convention is making a triumphant return to the spotlight this coming November. Taking place on November 8 and 9, BlizzCon is being held at the Anaheim Convention Center in, you guessed it, Anahaim, California. For those out of the loop, this convention is a staging area for anyone and everyone who fiendishly plays Blizzard’s Warcraft-Starcraft-Diablo trifecta. It’s essentially like any other gaming convention around, but specifically targets anything related to the previous three franchises and anything else relevant to Blizzard.
The details are listed below, but if this is something of interest, we advise marking it down in your scheduler. If 2011’s convention was any indication, this year’s expo will sell out in mere seconds, especially considering mum’s been the word from Blizzard about any future titles, outside of Heart of the Swarm, for an unusual length of time (at least in the world of Blizzard and gaming in general, where news flows out like a broken faucet). Ticket pricing and availability, along with details not included below, have yet to be announced, but head on over to the official Blizzcon website to keep up to date on the all happenings surrounding the event.
Take a look at the information below as to what will be offered by the convention:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced