Tomb Raider is one of the most anticipated games of the year, and with Square Enix’s strong involvement with the PC market as of late, fans are expecting a higher level of graphical fidelity in the PC version. Today, Square Enix has released their minimum and recommended system requirements for the game. Along with that, they are touting Steamworks capability, 16x the amount of data in their “very high” resolution textures, tessellation, and a whole slew of other advanced graphical options.
Minimum system requirements for PC
• Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
• AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT / nVidia 8600
• Dual core CPU:
•AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+) / Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
• 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
•AMD Radeon HD 4870 / nVidia GTX 480
• Quad core CPU:
•AMD Phenom II X2 565 / Intel Core i5-750
• 4GB Memory
I’m sure it’ll look and play perfectly on all three systems when it hits in eleven days, but if you have the rig to handle it (and it’s not all that demanding), the PC version is looking like the one to go with.