It’s been a good day for the reboot of Square Enix’s MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV. The upcoming revamped version of 2010’s title has been in closed beta for a few months now, and thus far has garnered serious praise by the folks who have been able to experience it. With phase three, of a four-part beta, set to commence in early June, Naoki Yoshida and his team of developers unveiled today a host of details on A Realm Reborn. First up, the game will launch globally on August 27 for PC and PlayStation 3. There will be standard editions and collector’s editions available, in both retail and digital form, with upgrading possible for those players who purchased the original title and/or obtained Legacy status in the game. Following suit, they revealed a list of the game’s CE bonuses:
- Collector’s box designed by Yoshitaka Amano, legendary FINAL FANTASY artist
- 80-page “Art of Eorzea” hardcover art book featuring never-before-seen concept art
- “The Waning of the Sixth Sun,” a special bonus video disc that takes a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
- “Sounds of Eorzea” album that features musical scores by renowned FINAL FANTASY series composers
- Five collectable character art cards
- A FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn-branded security token to secure user accounts
- In-game bonus items: Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding
Regardless of which version players choose to pick up, each will come at a different price point. A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on PS3, and $29.99 for PC. The Collector’s Edition will run folks $79.99 on PlayStation 3, while the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts regardless of the version bought. Monthly subscriptions will start at $12.99. Specifications for PC players can be viewed here.
In addition to this information, the game’s official boxart was revealed for all regions, which can be seen below. To top it off, Yoshi-P released another entry in his long-running Letters from the Producer series, touching base with the community on where the game is at currently in its development, and his plans for the game going forward. Furthermore, the dev team released the second montage in the A Tour of Eorzea videos, which will be sure to delight fans. See that at the bottom of this story.
For more detailed information on all the ARR news from today, hop on over to the game’s website.