It’s hard to believe that Neon Alley is one-year strong already. Since its debut last October on PS3, the 24/7 channel devoted to anime and Japanese cinema has expanded onto Xbox 360 and the internet, and has even integrated an on-demand “Catch Up” feature for the web iteration. Today, Neon Alley announced that said “Catch Up” ability is now available on PS3 and Xbox, in addition to revealing their fall lineup of shows, which start October 18th.
The reported Catch Up feature provides viewers with the flexibility to watch their favorite shows at their own convenience, without having to catch them as their air (which was my beef with the channel when I reviewed it some time ago). Better still, episodes will be available the day following their premiere on the channel. And folks may want to use it once the new season of shows hits. The lineup for this autumn will include:
- The exclusive premiere of English-dubbed episodes of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
- The martial arts action-comedy of Ranma 1/2 debuts on the channel (in high-definition, no less!)
- The premieres of Gurren Laga, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Revolutionary Girl Utena
- The Lucha Libre-style high flying action of Chikara (that’s pro-wrestling, folks!)
- New episodes of ongoing favorites Bleach, One Piece and Naruto Shippuden
We’ve been told there will be more, but that’s the extent of it for now. For a trailer detailing all of these changes and additions, peek at the trailer below.