With so many PS4 launch titles slipping into next year, it seems like a rarity to even type the words “PS4 launch title” these days. Thankfully, Bloober Team is committed to releasing their upcoming title, Basement Crawl, at least during the launch window and have revealed some new details about the game today.
Basement Crawl is a strategic action game featuring creepy characters, challenging environments and maze-based competitive multiplayer. Players will face off against up to eight players online in grid-based arenas as they race to set diabolical traps and explosives to hinder their enemies. Four classes are featured, each with their own variety of bombs and power-ups. Inspired by the likes of grindhouse movies and games such as Manhunt, Basemant Crawl is best thought of as a demented Bomberman.
Check out all of the details below, and as a bonus, the digital boxart for the game:
- An Engagingly Unnerving Style: a ghoulish but entertaining presentation inspired by classic grindhouse movies, twisted horror films and even other games, such as Manhunt.
- Classic Gameplay with a Modern Twist: brings together the best gameplay elements of classic titles like Bomberman with modern technology and online features.
- Multiplayer: players can battle to be the best against others either locally for up-to-four competitors or online for up-to-eight contenders.
- An Awesome Party Game: easy-to-learn gameplay and a focus on multiplayer fun makes Basement Crawl the perfect house-party fragfest.
- Classes and Characters: the game features four unpredictable and macabre characters, each representing a unique class, and each sporting special abilities and skills.
- “2.5D?”: Basement Crawl is made with a 3D-engine, but presented in classic 2D, allowing players to control the position of the camera while enjoying dynamic lights and effects.
- Arenas: nine uniquely hair-raising arenas are included for players to master and conquer, including the Slaughterhouse, Restaurant Dungeon, Abandoned Circus and more.
- Online Features Include: Leaderboards for comparing highest scores with friends and other players; Party chat for PS4, Trophies, Invites, Ranks.