Sony has announced when PlayStation gamers will be able to download the PlayStation App on Android and iOS. The app will let users interact with their PSN accounts on the go. This free app will be available to download November 12 in North America and November 22 in Europe.
The PlayStation App will offer all types of different functionality with a player’s PSN account. The app isn’t limited to just PS4, but covers the entire spectrum of PlayStation devices including the PS3 and PS Vita.
Check out all the features below:
- Directly access various PSN features and information
- Users can access their own profile screen.
- Users can access/compare their own and friends’Trophy accomplishments.
- Exchange messages between PS4 systems, PS3 systems, PS Vitasystems, and mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.
- Access andfilter friend profiles.
- Notify users about their friends’shared activities on “What’s New”.
- Notify PS4 users when they receive any new notifications or game invitations. Users can also display their lists of game items.
- Browse the official PlayStation website and access information – Users can access the PlayStation official website to browse through news, blogs and game information. The language and content of the website will depend on the country the user’s Sony Entertainment Network account is registered.
- PS4 Second Screen Feature – Users can install PlayStationApp on to their mobile devices to use as a second screen in supported games. For example on The Playroom, a title pre-installed in all PS4 systems that requires PlayStationCamera, users can draw pictures on their mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.
- Spectate other PS4 users’ gameplay – When users’ friends upload or begin live streaming their gameplay on PS4 systems, the friends’ activities are displayed on “What’s New” of the PlayStation®App screen. When users tap on this notification, they can boot pre-installed applications, such as browsers, to spectate the uploaded gameplay. Users can also post comments on gameplay screenshots, footage and live streams.
- Purchase game content on PlayStationStore – Users can purchase game content*2 while away from home and download it directly onto their PS4, PS3, and PS Vita*3 systems.
- Use a mobile device as a simple remote to control the PS4 system – Once installed, users can use their PlayStationApp to control their PS4 system as long as both devices have access to the same Wi-Fi access point. For example, users can switch their PS4 system to standby mode, startup their PS4 system from standby mode, and use their mobile phone as a keyboard for their PS4 system.