The biggest shopping day in the U.S. is nearly upon us. Black Friday will see millions of shoppers across the country rush out to stores and begin their Christmas shopping. Some of the hottest items this fall are the PS4 and Xbox One, the two brand new consoles from Sony and Microsoft. However, Nintendo is not laying down without a fight.
All of these discounts have been leaked already, but this is the first time Nintendo has confirmed them. These hardware deals are only for the 3DS family rather than the Wii U, which is curious as it is the Wii U that is competing against the PS4 and Xbox One and not the 3DS.
“This year, there is a dizzying amount of affordable Nintendo options for any holiday shopper looking to stock up on fun gifts for family and friends,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “And if there is ever a question of why shoppers should choose Wii U and Nintendo 3DS this holiday season, the answer is simple: Because it’s Nintendo.”
Here are the deals:
- A Deal So Great It’s Scary: A Cobalt Blue Nintendo 3DS system that comes installed with the well-received Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon game will sell at a suggested retail price of $169.99. (Nov. 28)
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Walmart will be offering a deal on the new Nintendo 2DS hand-held system at only $99.96. (Nov. 28)
- Target Black Friday Deal: At Target, shoppers can pick up a Nintendo 3DS XL system for just $149.99. (Nov. 29)
- Wii U and 3DS eShop Discounts: Character-themed sales have been running in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U throughout the month of November. Over Thanksgiving weekend, a large selection of games starring some of Nintendo’s most beloved characters will be on sale.
- Multiplayer Fun Over the Long Thanksgiving Weekend: The uproariously fun multiplayer game Nintendo Land for Wii U comes packaged with a fun, green Luigi-themed Wii Remote Plus controller at a suggested retail price of $59.99. (Dec. 2)