Xbox One launched in the UK this past week and it clearly made a splash giving us the first true mix-up to the charts in months. FIFA 14 found its way back to the top, but this is mostly thanks to the game being bundled with every Xbox One console in the UK. Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag also got a boost thanks to the Xbox One.
The three Xbox one exclusives managed to make it into the Top 10. Forza Motorsport 5 took the fifth spot, Dead Rising 3 the seventh spot and Ryse: Son of Rome the tenth spot. Not bad, though Microsoft was probably hoping for a little higher considering that the Forza franchise has a strong following in the UK.
It’ll be interesting to see how the charts compare next week when the PS4 launches in the UK. Whether PS4 exclusives Killzone: Shadow Fall and Knack can storm the charts like the Xbox On exclusives will be something to watch for.
Check out the Top 20 below:
- FIFA 14 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- Battlefield 4 (EA)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros.)
- Dead Rising 3 (Microsoft)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- Skylanders: SWAP Force (Activision)
- Need for Speed Rivals (EA)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
- Disney Infinity (Disney)
- Batman Arkham Origins (Warner Bros.)
- WWE 2K14 (2K Games)
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (Level-5)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- Pokemon X (Nintendo)