A couple weeks ago Square Enix hinted that the next Tomb Raider game would be announced at the VGX Awards Show. That happens to be today, but it would appear that Amazon got a little too excited and posted the Tomb Raider news nice and early.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is not a brand new game, but a re-release of the critical darling that is nominated for Game of the Year. Players will now be able to play the game on the next-gen consoles with this re-release using the power of the PS4 and Xbox One to give console gamers the definitive version of the game. Check out all the features:
- Live the critically acclaimed, cinematic action-adventure, re-built specifically for next gen consoles
- Survive high-octane combat, customize Lara’s weapons and gear, and overcome grueling environments to uncover the island’s deadly secret
- See Lara Croft like never before, with every bead of sweat, strand of hair, and article of clothing delivered in obsessive detail
- Endure a stunningly re-imagined island, fraught with new, unforgiving storms, and alive with motion
- Own the complete Tomb Raider experience with all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic “The Beginning””
Check out the tentative box art below and be sure to check out the Spike VGX Awards Show tonight to see more brand new game reveals. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is out January 28, 2014 on PS4 and Xbox One.