The past few weeks have seen huge shits on the UK Charts thanks to the release of the PS4 and Xbox One. These new consoles are having huge ramifications on the charts with next-gen releases of major third-party titles still doing well. In fact, these titles are doing so well that brand new PS3 exclusive Gran Turismo 6 didn’t stand a chance.
Despite typically selling well in Europe it looks like Gran Turismo 6 isn’t doing so well in the UK. The highly popular racing title only managed to launch in the eighth spot coming behind the likes of Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. A disappointing turn for the franchise.
Both PS4 exclusives remained in the Top 20, though both took a dive. Killzone: Shadow Fall is now in the ninth spot and Knack is in the eighteenth. Still, Knack continued to sell better than Super Mario 3D World, which barely made the Top 20 this week. All Xbox One exclusives have been kicked out of the Top 20.
Check out the full Top 20 below with their position from the previous week:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision) – 1
- FIFA 14 (EA) – 2
- Battlefield 4 (EA) – 3
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft) – 5
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar) – 7
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros.) – 6
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft) – 9
- Gran Turismo 6 (Sony) – New
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony) – 4
- Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros.) – 10
- Need for Speed: Rivals (EA) – 8
- Skylanders: SWAP Force (Activision) – 11
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft) – 12
- WWE 2K14 (2K Games) – 17
- Disney Infinity (Disney) – 16
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix) – 19
- Football Manager 2014 (Sega) – 20
- Knack (Sony) – 13
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo) – 17
- Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) – 14