Call of Duty: Ghosts added in brand new game modes when it launched November 2013. However, it also took out a lot of other fan-favorite modes, including the Treyarch created Gun Game. Well no need to fear fans, the mode has been added back in.
Gun Game made its debut in 2010s Call of Duty: Black Ops as one of four Wager Match game modes. In it, players aim is to get twenty kills. Each kill changes what gun you have and getting knife takes you back down to the previous gun. It was quite a frantic game mode and was very fun. While Wager Matches never returned, Infinity Ward did add the mode into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Of course, it also appeared in Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It did not return for Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Gun Game will replace Heavy Duty as a game mode and Infinity Ward is also adding Hunted Free-for-All. Check out a list of all the new additions being added by the latest patch:
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Gun Game replacing Heavy Duty.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Adding Hunted FFA.
- PLAYLIST UPDATE: Add eSports Rules to Clan v Clan (except friendly fire), and 1-4 persons can join.
- Added Heavy Duty health options to Private Match.
- IED damage adjustment based on player stance and IED location (for damage reduction: jump over IEDs below you, go prone for overhead IEDs).
- Added Operation progress bar to the After Action Report that pops up after MP matches.
- New MP lobby menu music.
- Social feed addition.
- New stick layout options for Southpaw.
- Disable party chat in Search and Rescue, Search and Destroy and Infected.
- Added 5 new Prestige Ranks to Extinction.
- Customization for player appearances (Create a Soldier) added to Extinction