Microsoft so far has done a pretty good job about keeping its upcoming game slate a secret. All we really know is that a Halo game will release this year and that Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and Fable Legends are in development. Well, if true, than all of Microsoft’s plans for the next year have just been leaked.
NeoGaf user ntkrnl, a pretty reliable source has been releasing bombshells all morning long. Check out everything he has said below:
- Forza Horizon: “Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and… shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros.”
- Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
- Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
- Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
- Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
- Black Tusk cancelled project was called “Shangheist.” May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure…)
- Fable Legends is Summer 2015
- Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
- Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
- First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
- No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it’s a 2016 title.
- No info/idea on what Rare’s up to, sadly.
That’s quite a lot of stuff including games that have not even been announced yet. When asked if he was afraid he’d get caught he replied, “I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn’t going to hurt anything, truthfully. We’re all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad.”
Take all of this with a grain of salt. Microsoft most likely will not respond to any of these rumors.