Welcome Rangers! As many of you may know, the Wasteland 2 early-access version went live Dec 13, 2013. Since then, the team at inXile Entertainment has been gathering bug-reports from fans, implementing fixes and continuing to expand and improve the radioactive wastes of the American Southwest. You can read our full preview here.
The third major update landed on February 24, and includes destructible cover, improvements to animations, SFX, VFX, and AI, a new prison map and more.
The beta, which includes 30% of the game levels is on Steam for $59.99, with upgrades and updates as they’re made available. While a tad pricey, this version includes plenty of exclusive early-access digital goodies, such as Mark Morgan’s Wasteland 2 OST, two digital novellas set in The Wasteland world and a copy of the original Wasteland.
Fans that missed backing the original Kickstarter campaign should consider jumping in, although it will be some time before the game is entirely playable. Check back soon for news regarding updates and releases.
Full list of high profile updates:
- Brand new icon based inventory, character sheet, skill screen and support UI elements
- Huge combat pass. Animations (tons of new death and damages), SFX, VFX, AI all greatly improved.
- Added destructible cover
- Surgeon and Field medic have been greatly improved. Now when using the skill, a list appears with all useable items
- Quality Settings check on game load.
- Added Mechanical Repair Skill
- Introducing grenadiers and heavy weapons AI experts
- Added Prison map
- Added reactivity state where both Highpool and Ag Center can fall.
- Multiple improvements have been made to the save game system which were causing save games to not load
- Multiple engine optimizations have been made to increase performance.
- Multiple compatibility fixes.