The NPD Group has released the monthly sales figures for March 2014 with the PS4 leading hardware sales for the third month in a row. Titanfall and inFamous: Second Son were the top two selling games of the month.
Software sales hit $432 million, which was down from the same month last year. This was due to fewer new releases compared to March 2013. However, total sales (including hardware) came in at $1.025 billion, a 3% increase compared to March 2013. Overall, it was still a fantastic month for the industry.
Check out the Top 10 selling games of March 2014 below:
- Titanfall (EA)
- inFAMOUS Second Son (Sony)
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth (Ubisoft)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- Dark Souls II (Bandai Namco)
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami)
- NBA 2K14 (2K Games)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros.)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
The PS4 was king of the hardware for the third month in a row. Titanfall was not enough to elevate the Xbox One to victory. Microsoft has noted that 311,000 Xbox Ones and 111,000 Xbox 360s were sold during March. Yesterday, Sony announced that 7 million PS4s have been sold worldwide.
Nintendo has not revealed sales data for the Wii U or 3DS.