Trion World’s MMO Shooter Defiance is going Free-to-Play. Those who want to play the game will not be forced to purchase it starting June 4 on PC and July 15 on PS3. The Xbox 360 date will be announced in the near future.
Players will be able to enjoy the game completely free and play brand new missions releasing soon. These new missions will tie-in with season two of Defiance, which will air on Syfy
Existing players that purchased the game will be rewarded for their time and effort. Here are the rewards:
- Boosts to skill, XP, scrip, salvage, and reputation gain rates that stack with the matching boosts available in the store.
- 10% store-wide discount – boosts, costumes, lock boxes, all of it!
- A grab bag of one-hour boosts or Arkforge from Daily and Weekly Ark Hunter Bonus Lock Boxes. Console players will need to link their account to acquire this bonus.
The option to purchase the game will still be available. Those who forgo the Free-to-Play version and purchase Defiance will also be rewarded with the following goodies:
- A grant of 1,000 Arkforge, a currency redeemable for resetting weapon mastery, upgrading your weapon’s power rating, or even bumping an uncommon weapon to epic rarity.
- 4 Character Slots, 5 Loadouts, up to 75 Ark Keycodes, and a minimum 70 Inventory Slots.
- They will also enjoy thirty days of Paradise Patron status when Defiance begins its free-to-play service.
Defiance is available now on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It goes Free-to-Play on PC June 4 and on PS3 July 15.