NIS announced today that Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, the expanded and enhanced version of 2011’s Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten — including all the DLC originally released on the PlayStation 3 — will be hitting the PlayStation Vita on August 12 in North America, and August 20 in Europe.
For those unfamiliar with the Disgaea franchise, A Promise Unforgotten is often hailed as one of the series high-points, following the story of Valvatorez the vampire as he travels from Hades to Earth in order to save it from a truer evil. Featuring one of the most memorable casts in Disgaea history, and the series’ token SRPG mechanics, including a unique feature which allowed players to invade other people’s game, it’s certainly a great starting point for newcomers as it was an impressive addition to Nippon Ichi’s roster of titles.
The PlayStation Vita version will allow players to revisit the hilariously absurd story, in-depth gameplay and gorgeous visuals on the go. In addition to the full release and DLC, the Vita also includes some exclusive features and content.
- New scenarios with an expanded backstory on several key characters.
- New characters, including cameo appearances from Disgaea games of the past.
- New spells, job techniques/abilities, and a plethora of gameplay enhancements.
- New music with nearly 100 catchy tunes to get jiggy with as you slaughter monsters.
- Gorgeous visuals that pop on the Vita’s screen.
If you’re a Vita gamer, there’s no better value than a Disgaea title, and A Promise Revisited is surly one of the best starting points for a newcomer, or simply a great and welcoming return for a series veteran. For more information, visit the official NIS website.