Bombing Bastards can best be thought of as Bomberman, but with robots and a radical name. And while it has been in development for some time now, we haven’t heard much about it lately. Today though, developer Sanuk Games finally pulled the curtain back on the upcoming Wii U and PC explosive maze game, showing off some fantastic looking gameplay. Although the game’s title is said to be in the process of changing (boo!), we can’t help but think the name is quite fitting considering the gameplay conventions.
Nevertheless, along with the new trailer, Sanuk has given us a press release as well, further indicating that the release of Bombing Bastards is sometime right around the corner. In the PR stint, they highlighted several of the title’s key features — all of which can be found below. Be sure to check them out, then scope the trailer to get a glimpse at all that exploding goodness.
- 5 picturesque worlds with 30 wicked mazes.
- A huge bestiary of critters to blast.
- A multitude of items and power ups to collect.
- 5 hellish boss levels whose punishing difficulty will only be matched by the satisfaction you’ll get once you beat them.
- A hilarious single-player adventure where you help the witty Dr. Wallow get rid of all the critters and become the ruler of the galaxy.
- A fully customizable battle mode for 2 to 5 players using the Gamepad, Wii Remotes, Classic Controllers and/or Pro Controllers.
- Over 10 minutes of caustic comments from Dr. Wallow, voiced by David Goldfarb (the voice behind multiple characters in Mario Kart 8).
- 7 famous pieces of classical music electronically butchered by Samuel Safa.