One of the many surprises at E3 this year was that Harmonix was working on a new Dance Central entry, but instead of releasing a full disc-based game, they’re taking a much different approach. With the history of downloadable content from music titles, an experience focused on micro-transactions seems to be an appropriate evolution on the genre.
Harmonix has announced today that the Xbox One exclusive, Dance Central Spotlight, will be available on September 2 with an initial price of $9.99. What you get for that entry-level fee are ten different songs:
- Cher Lloyd – “I Wish”
- David Guetta ft. Sia “Titanium”
- Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz – “Talk Dirty”
- Kid Ink ft. Chris Brown – “Show Me”
- Lorde – “Royals”
- OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
- Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
- Rihanna – “Diamonds”
- will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber – “#thatPOWER”
Additionally, more tracks will be available down the road, with even songs such as The B-52’s “Love Shack,” Capital Cities’ “Safe and Sound,” Emeli Sande’s “Next to Me,” and plenty more being accessible at launch.