A new update has just been released for Steel Diver: Sub Wars. Available for download from the eShop, the update brings with it a plethora of new features including the ability for owners of the free version to access the submarine shop and two new arenas for Local Play Battles.
Check out the full list below:
- Unlock three additional subs by playing a certain number of Local Play battles. (These submarines can be unlocked in both versions, but can only be used in the Premium version.)
- Battle online with players on your Nintendo 3DS Friend List (Premium version only).
- Two new arenas were added especially for Local Play battles: “Underwater Rings” and “Underwater Plant” (These can also be used in Friend Battles in Internet Mode).
- Owners of the Free version can access the submarine shop and purchase extra subs.
- The number of Play Coins required to play Internet Mode in the Free version has been reduced from two coins to one coin.
- Subs will not take damage from allied attacks.
- Send preset messages in Morse-Code Chat using the direction pad (Up: “THANK YOU”, Right: “GOOD”, Down: “STOP”, Left: “SORRY”)
- Score three times as many points for long-range hits.
- Torpedoes will travel at 1.25 normal speed if fired while the sub is moving forward.
- Eight new crew members were added. (These crew can only be used in the Premium version.)
- Improved stats of the Clairvoyant and the Mechanic.
- Some submarine stats have been fine-tuned.
- Other adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more fun gaming experience.