Amazon, the worldwide distributor of just about everything, have crunched together some data to see which console benefited most from Gamescom 2014. While Sony and Microsoft took multiple swings at each other during Gamescom, Nintendo tip-toed behind them to take the pre-order cake. Amazon has revealed that the Wii U has benefited the most from Gamescom despite the fact that Nintendo did not hold a press conference.
Wii U games, which combine both 1st-Party and 3rd-Party titles, saw an increase of 8.67%. PS4 titles saw an increase of 5.16%, and Xbox One increased by 2.81%. Project Cars an Hyrule Warriors were responsible for the increase in Wii U pre-orders, with Project Cars having the highest increase out of all titles.
Check out the Top 10 highest pre-order increases below:
- Project Cars (Namco Bandai) – 42.3%
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix) – 30.25%
- Bloodborne (Sony) – 16.08%
- Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo) – 11.77%
- Quantum Break (Microsoft) – 10.77%
- Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft) – 9.53%
- Assassin’s Creed Unity (Ubisoft) – 9.44%
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros.) – 9.03%
- Battlefield: Hardline (EA) – 8.81%
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (Nintendo) – 7.56%