The RPG Maker games have carved a niche out for themselves by allowing hobbyists to make top-notch games with a 16-bit visual style. The original PlayStation entry gave console owners a chance to shine, but the more modern PC incarnations have led to critically-acclaimed releases like To the Moon and Always Sometimes Monsters being made with the software. Now, a Steam Midweek Madness sale has hit a variety of RPG Maker-related software and games crafted with its tools from September 16 through September 19.
- RPG Maker VX Ace – $17.49
- Manga Maker Comipo – $12.49
- Game Character Hub – $3.74
- Aveyond: Gates of Night – $2.49
- Aveyond: Lord of Twilight – $2.49
- Labyrinthine Dreams – $1.24
- Skyborn – $3.74
- Sweet Lily Dreams – $3.74
- 3 Stars of Destiny – $3.74
- Deadly Sin 2 – $2.49
- Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal’s Realm – $1.49
- Always Sometimes Monsters – $4.99
RPG Maker VX Ace is the newest entry in the game-making franchise, and with a 75% discount taking it to $17.49 from $70, it’s a must if you’ve ever had a desire to make an RPG. The Manga Maker Comipo software has far more negative reviews than positive, so it would seem wise to steer clear of that. However, the Game Character Hub being under $4 makes that an easy buy if you’re getting RPG Maker VX Ace. Always Sometimes Monsters is an easy recommendation to pick up at $5, although the better value is getting it with an OST for $7.50. Either way, you get an overhead RPG that has received rave reviews with a hefty 50% discount.