If you’re still playing Space Channel 5 in 2014 then, well, you’re pretty awesome. And an awesome person like you deserves the best possible experience, which is why Sega has this week updated Space Channel 5: Part 2 on Steam. The game was always “playable” on Steam, but was held back by some graphical and functional issues.
Considering the game was first released on the platform over three years ago, it’s both surprising and impressive that Sega would bother to go back and fix these long-standing issues and add achievements.
Space Channel 5 is on sale for the next two days for $5.99 and can be purchased as part of a Dreamcast 4-pack for $9.99. Check out the full list of fixes/additions below:
– Fixed an issue where the launcher would fail to save settings.
– Added support for v-sync and FXAA.
– Now renders correctly at higher resolutions (above 720).
– Added Steam Achievements.
– Improved button prompts—now supports gamepad button prompts, and keyboard prompts are sensitive to user configurations.
– Keyboard controls can now be reconfigured.
– Implemented gamepad support across the game and launcher