ATLUS believes they’ve talked a lot about Persona and Etrian, so to end the year they decided to announce Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker exclusively for the 3DS.
Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker isn’t just a remake of the 2011 title, it adds quite a bit of content as well. DS2RB has full English story voices, relocalized dialogue, and they’ve added another episode that continues after the final day of the original. ATLUS claims that the new content doubles the length of the original Devil Survivor 2 and everything can be accessed from the title screen.
Here are some more features of DS2RB:
- Tactical Combat with a Side of Demon Fusion — The elements that make the Devil Survivor series great are back and better than ever with robust, turn-based strategic combat. Since the game is part of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, fusing demons together to form a stronger army is back as a core mechanic!
- Choose Your Own Fate — The line between life and death is razor-thin in Record Breaker. Actions have their consequences, and in the wake of the apocalypse, a wrong choice can result in the permanent death of a character. Multiple endings present the challenge of making all the right choices at the right time.
- Extra Content ATLUS is Known For — Record Breaker expands on the original Devil Survivor 2 by nearly doubling the amount of storyline for a total of more than 100 hours of strategic game play and consuming plot, with the additional mystery of Miyako Hotsuin to unravel.
- New Personalities to Discover — For the first time, Devil Survivor 2 is getting fully voiced English story dialogue. The voiced dialogue in both the new content and the original story gives added depth in bringing the game’s characters to life from ominous beginning to dramatic end.
- Enhanced game play — Record Breaker gives player characters new abilities, and the world is chock full of more demons to fuse.
Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker will be available in North America sometime early 2015 for $49.99, and exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS.