Apparently, “Father Christmas is looking for logistic professionals who want to help out with Santa’s substantial delivery backlog.” Is it his long struggle with obesity that’s taking its toll? Are the elves on strike? Have consumerism and gluttony overshadowed the magic of holiday spirit? Whatever the case, you’re tasked with delivering “unique cargo” to the North Poll in the latest “SCS Polar Express Holiday Event.” For more details, visit the official SCS blog.
If you’re unfamiliar with Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and considering its niche market nobody would blame you), it’s a realistic trucking simulator that allows players to jump behind the wheel (and eventually desk) of a trucker and trucking entrepreneur. The latest update, which adds the aforementioned Christmas quest, is also loaded with features added in the previous beta.
- New Exclusive interior for DAF Euro 6
- New sounds for Scania 6 cylinder engines
- New sounds for Iveco Highway and Iveco Stralis
- Support for different dashboard computer back-light colors
- Showroom updates:
- New interface for showrooms
- New showroom interior
- New look for small truck dealers
- Significantly faster autosaving
- Gameplay improvements
- Interior camera motion feature – camera can now simulate movements of the player’s body and motion of the truck seat
- Smart cruise control – retarder will now be used automatically
- Trailer brake
- Support for second reverse gear for custom H-Shifter layouts
- Support for Holiday Special content
For the festive lot, additional Christmas addons (such as holiday inspired paintjobs) can be purchased on Steam. So, you know…get to trucking!