‘Tis the season for sharing, caring, and farming for items in Team Fortress 2. Valve is continuing the tradition of releasing holiday-themed content in 2014 with Smissmas, which a new beta game mode called Mannpower, three new guns, and 29 new cosmetic items.
The new guns are The Iron Bomber (a grenade launcher for the Demoman with grenades that don’t bounce or roll), The Quickiebomb Launcher, a Stickybomb Launcher (featuring projectiles that fizzle out after two seconds), and The Panic Attack (a fast-shooting multi-class shotgun).
Here are the details on the insane action that is Mannpower:
- 8 permanent powerups, which can only be held one at a time, can be found on the map
- Killing a player with a permanent powerup forces the powerup to drop
- One temporary powerup can be found on the map
- Players can make use of the ‘dropitem’ command to drop the currently held permanent powerup
- A new Default Stock Action Item Grappling Hook is present. Grappling hooks are usable in Mannpower mode and all servers that enable it. Once equipped, press and hold the action key to use it in order to move the player toward the hooked object.
- Mannpower is essentially modified version of Capture the Flag that requires your team’s flag to be at base in order to capture the enemy flag
- Touching your flag will instantly return it to base
- The new mode is currently playable on the “ctf_foundry” and “ctf_gorge” maps
- Instant respawns are enabled
- Random critical attacks are disabled
- Players spawn with 6 seconds of invulnerability
You can view the specific details of the update on Valve‘s official TF2 blog.