EA and Visceral Games have announced that Premium will return for Battlefield Hardline, and will come with an array of goodies. You’re getting the usual map packs, battlepacks, and double XP, alongside some surprising new features.
Battlefield Hardline is set to receive four expansion/map packs throughout the year, down from the five expansions for Battlefield 3 and 4. Inside these expansions packs are multiplayer maps, modes, vehicles, and in-game content. Like with previous Premium services, all subscribers will get a two week head start. Here’s a breakdown of each pack:
- Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity – Players have to make a name for themselves in fast-paced, highly-destructible new maps littered with small-time crime jobs. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Robbery – Take down the opposition head on and progress through key locations with major cinematic action. Available summer 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Getaway – This is frantic, high-speed chases that immerse players deeper in the heist. Available fall 2015.
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal – There is a rat in every operation and players will have to find out who to trust. Available winter early 2016.
Other Premium perks include 12 gold battlepacks, new personalization options, exclusive events, and priority position in server queues. This is all pretty standard Premium stuff. However, Visceral Games is adding four new “Super Features” designed to make the gaming experience more personalized. There’s definitely going to be some controversy here, as one of these features is something fans have longed for in Battlefield; Prestige Mode (Legendary Mode in the Battlefield universe). The fact that you’ll have to pay to unlock the feature will not sit well with longtime fans. Anyways, here are all the Super Features:
- Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
- Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
- Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
- Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system.
Battlefield Hardline is out March 17 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Premium will set you back $49.99, and will be available at launch.