Since the announcement of Dragon’s Dogma Online, we’ve been getting a good amount of screenshots for the upcoming console and PC MMO. Now Capcom is reportedly going to hold an alpha test for the game. The alpha is being held to test multiplayer connections, the UI, behavior, game balancing and a laundry list of other things.
The alpha will apparently only be for PS3 and only in Japan. The unfortunate news of it being Japan only aside, here’s what we do know:
- Level Cap will be 10
- The alpha will last 8 days
- You will need 4GB of HDD space to download the client
- You will need a COG (Capcom Online Games) account in addition to an PSN account
- You can use the client once the game is officially released
- Fighter, Hunter, Priest and Shield Sage are the four playable jobs in the alpha
- You can change jobs at any time
- Only one character per account
- Various story quest will be made available up until the quest to receive your pawn
- All progress will be wiped after the alpha test
- 4 or 8 player missions will be available
- Hakuryu Temple Roese, Heidelberg Plain, Briar Coast and Misuriu Forest are the four playable areas
- Those participating will be receive the following: Healing Medicine x 10, Garaekisu x 10, Amulet of Divine Conflict x 10, Bomb x 10, Treasure box key x 10
The recruitment period for the alpha is April 7 – April 20 and the client will be made available April 15 – April 30. Those lucky enough to receive an invitation will start getting emails April 15 to whatever email their PSN account has registered.
Capcom also plans to do more testing this summer and large scale testing at a later date. As of right now the closed beta will be this summer for PS4, PS3 and PC.
Dragon’s Dogma Online is currently scheduled to launch sometime this year in Japan on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.