The Iron Banner event will return to Destiny next week bringing new armor, weapons, and other goodies for anyone daring enough to step into the arena. Coming with the Iron Banner is a whole slew of updates that make the experience less grindy and repetitive.
Probably the biggest change is the addition of Etheric Light. This substance is required to ascend Legendary weapons and gear, and is extremely rare to find in the wild. The fact that you can now get it during Iron Banner should make it a lot easier for players to get to level 34. Here are all the changes coming to Iron Banner:
- Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly
- Rewards cost less Glimmer – the grind is less real
- Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5
- The Gunsmith has inherited Lord Saladin’s weapon reforging service
- Power still matters, and it matters a little more as the delta between two players increases
- The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation
The Iron Banner returns to Destiny on June 2. You can access the event by approaching Lord Saladin in the Tower.