Warner Bros. is doubling down in its support of the competitive pro fighting game scene. The ESL Mortal Kombat X Worldwide Competitive program finals will take place July 11, and the publisher has doubled its commitment to the prize pool by raising it to $100,000.
This is thanks to the overwhelming success of the “Blue Steel” Sub-Zero skin. Proceeds from the $1.99 skin contributed to the prize pool and will continue to contribute to the following initiatives:
- Further contribution to the ESL Mortal Kombat X Pro-League finals prize pool. The deadline for the Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin to fund this tournament is June 29.
- Establishing a Mortal Kombat X prize pool of $50,000 at EVO (July 17-19)
- Funding a series of Mortal Kombat X tournaments including:
- Combo Breaker (May 22-24)
- MCM Comic-Con – UK Invitational Tournament (May 23)
- CEO (June 26-28)
- And other tournaments yet to be announced.
Mortal Kombat X is the latest entry in the long-running franchise. We found Mortal Kombat X to be strong thanks to its strong story, new characters and fantastic fighting mechanics. Look for our review of the game’s first two DLC fighters, Jason Voorhees and Tanya, in the coming days.