When news came about that PlatinumGames were planning a new game reveal at E3, our ears were burning. The possibilities seemed as endless as they did exciting, with rumors swirling about a Metal Gear Rising 2 or perhaps even another Bayonetta. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) their project was today revealed to be “Transformers Devastation,” a PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 game.
The news comes via BestBuy who has listed all four games for pre-order.
While the news comes as a disappointment given that the release looks more akin to Platinum’s regrettable Legend of Korra tie-in for Activision than it does, say, Vanquish, the cel-shaed visuals as seen in the below screenshots do look admittedly cool.
Scope them and a full description below:
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.
– Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
– PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
– Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
– A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
– Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more