Today at Gamescom, Ubisoft announced nine new tracks for Just Dance 2016 and revealed a new lip-syncing-focused mode called “Showtime,” which will be available for new-gen consoles.
The new Showtime mode will allow players to unleash their inner star by creating unique music videos of themselves performing. Players lip-sync and perform along to hit songs in the game and the video footage is then turned into a shareable music video. The music videos pull in both creative visual elements and pop cultural references— each song will have a distinctive and visually original atmosphere. Showtime will be available on Wii U, Xbox One and PS4.
Just Dance 2016 will feature 40+ tracks from artists like Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars, Jason Derulo, Meghan Trainor, Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman and Lady Gaga. Additionally, nine new tracks were revealed including:
• “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea Ft. Charli XCX
• “Fun” by Pitbull Ft. Chris Brown
• “Lights” by Ellie Goulding
• “I’m An Albatraoz” by AronChupa
• “Circus” by Britney Spears
• “Balkan Blast Remix” from Angry Birds
• “Stuck On A Feeling” by Prince Royce
• “Boys (Summertime Love)” by The Lemon Cubes
• “Rabiosa” by Shakira Ft. El Cata
Just Dance 2016 will be released on October 20 in the US and October 22 in the European Middle East Asia region (October 23 in the UK) on all motion-control gaming platforms.