As always, Pokémaniacs and the city of Boston remained vigilant and enjoyed themselves at the 2015 Pokémon World Championships. This year, competition was as fierce as ever as champions hailing from four different countries were crowned in their respective brackets. Each of the champs, listed below, won money towards scholarships, trophies featuring Pikachu and a trip to next year’s World Championships being held in San Francisco.
- 2015 Pokémon TCG Junior Division World Champion, Rowan Stavenow from Canada.
- 2015 Pokémon Video Game Junior Division World Champion, Kotone Yasue from Japan.
- 2015 Pokémon TCG Senior Division World Champion, Patrick Martinez from the United States.
- 2015 Pokémon Video Game Senior Division World Champion, Mark Mcquillan from Great Britain.
- 2015 Pokémon TCG Masters Division World Champion, Jacob Van Wagner from the United States.
- 2015 Pokémon Video Game Masters Division World Champion, Shoma Honami from Japan.
More than five thousand people attended the tournament with competitors arriving from thirty-six different countries. Meeting new friends, partaking in intense battles and climbing your way to the top on this journey truly feels like you’re embarking on your own Pokémon adventure, as one fan put it best.
You can watch the recap video below to see how Pokémon can bring people together no matter what: