The assassin twins of Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate have done what no other game these past fives week could; take down FIFA 16. Indeed, Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate prevented FIFA 16 from winning its fifth-consecutive week at the top of the UK Charts. This week, the EA Sports title has to settle for second place.
Though Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate topped the charts, it wasn’t a huge victory for Ubisoft. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’s launch week sales failed to outperform those of Assassin’s Creed: Unity. In fact, Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate failed to outsell every single mainline Assassin’s Creed game, though it did manage to outperform spin-off Assassin’s Creed: Rogue.
Guitar Hero Live, the first Guitar Hero game in five years, came in third place. The game’s launch was a major success considering it managed a 24.3% increase over its predecessor, Warriors of Rock. This is a huge boon for Activision, who is trying to reboot the rhythm genre. Rock Band 4, Guitar Hero Live’s rival, launched a few weeks ago in tenth place. It has since fallen off of the UK Charts.
Other new releases include The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes and Just Dance 2016. The 3DS exclusive Tri Force Heroes came in eleventh place. Just Dance 2016, however, fizzled in its nineteenth place debut.
Check out the Top 20 below:
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft) – Brand New
- FIFA 16 (EA) – 1
- Guitar Hero Live (Activision) – Brand New
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Sony) – 2
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar) – 5
- LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros.) – 4
- Destiny: The Taken King (Activision) – 3
- Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft) – 6
- LEGO Jurassic World (Warner Bros.) – 9
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami) – 7
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo) – Brand New
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) – Did Not Chart
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition (Microsoft) – 10
- Skylanders Superchargers (Activision) – 13
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Bandai Namco) – Did Not Chart
- Rugby World Cup 2015 (Big Ben) – 17
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition (Sony) – 11
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (Disney) – 20
- Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft) – Brand New
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Warner Bros.) – Did Not Chart