Call of Duty: Black Ops III, like all previous Call of Duty titles, has easily captured the top spot in the UK. Halo 5: Guardians, the previous top spot holder, has to settle for fourth place in its second week.
This is the first Call of Duty game since 2009 to launch on a Friday, giving Black Ops III a five-day disadvantage compared to previous titles. As such, Black Ops III is the seventh best-selling title in the franchise in terms of week-one sales. Current-gen sales made up 91% of all Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s sales, a huge leap from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s 68%.
EA and Ghost Games’ Need for Speed reboot was the only other new entry to Top 20. The racer enters the charts in third place.
Check out the Top 20 below:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision) – Brand New
- FIFA 16 (EA) – 3
- Need for Speed (EA) – Brand New
- Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft) – 1
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft) – 2
- Minecraft: Story Mode (Telltale Games) – 5
- WWE 2K16 (2K Games) – 4
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar) – 6
- LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros.) – 9
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision) – 15
- LEGO Jurassic World (Warner Bros.) – 10
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Sony) – 7
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) – 8
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) – Did Not Chart
- Destiny: The Taken King (Activision) – 12
- Guitar Hero Live (Activision) – 11
- Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft) – 13
- Skylanders Superchargers (Activision) – 14
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition (Microsoft) – 16
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition (Sony) – 18