After Degica announced they were saving the game weeks ago, unfortunately the return of Umihara Kawase to Steam was unceremoniously delayed. Thankfully, Degica has today teamed up with Studio Saizensen to bring the beloved physics-based puzzle/platformers of the Umihara Kawase Trilogy back to Steam, available now.
More than just a return, the re-releases of the Umihara Kawase games are actually improved. The Trilogy’s fishing/grappling-hook platforming was missing from Steam and now it’s back. Umihara Kawase Trilogy features Umihara Kawase, Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition and Sayonara Umihara Kawase. These three puzzle/platformer games tell the tale of a girl named Umihara Kawase who uses a fishing hook as a grappling hook.
Face fish-like enemies, conveyor belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel and more. Collect items, and find your way to the end of each level. The deeper into this dream-like world that you venture, the more challenging the solutions and the greater the time pressure becomes. Along the way, look out for shortcuts and secret exits, and unlock bonus levels.
Check out the Trilogy Features below:
– Physics-based puzzle/platforming that challenges your reflexes and brainpower
– Extreme elastic fishing-line physics give you advanced control
– Many stages with branching paths across three complete games
– Steam Workshop support in all three games for sharing replays
– Four playable characters (in Sayonara Umihara Kawase)
– Face giant, aquatic bosses like a tadpole, a seahorse, and more
– Steam Achievements, Trading Cards, Leaderboards, and Cloud Saving
– Full Steam controller support for all three games (optional)
Head over Steam to snag the trilogy, currently on sale for less than twenty dollars.