Microids announced today that they will be publishing Moto Racer 4 – a return for the arcade-style motorcylcle racing franchise. The first three games were known for a mix of on and off-road racing, giving players a wider variety of options than most games on the market. The franchise’s original designer is returning and is bringing the same high level of thrill mixed with skill to current-generation consoles as well as PCs this October.
Take a peek at the new features below:
• KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
• LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
• SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
• CATCH-UP: Opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player reach first place by a specific time.
• WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
• GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
• GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is hit by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.