Information is still writhing in for the latest entry of the long running King of Fighters series. Today, Koch Media’s Deep Silver announced that they will publishing the European version of the game which will release on August 26 of this year. The game will be priced at €59.99/£49.99 for both retail and digital. In addition, Atlus has released a new trailer showing off Team Yagami’s Iori Yagami, Vice, and Mature. This trio have been present in the series since King of Fighters ’96, but Iori made his debut just a year before the two ladies in King of Fighters ’95. Iori, Vice and Mature appear to play identically to their recent interpretations in King of Fighters XIII. Vice is still grappling centered, Iori is still a rushdown, combo focused character and the same goes for Mature.
King of Fighters XIV will be releasing stateside on August 23 for PlayStation 4. Check below for information from the press release:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.