In an announcement today, Paradox Interactive have detailed what is to be the latest expansion to the ever expanding Crusader Kings II. Dubbed The Reaper’s Due, this upcoming expansion will deal in death and disease. As always, a range of new features and gameplay mechanics are to be added. In the announcement, the following are listed:
- Epidemics: Diseases may spread from province to province along trade and sea lanes, lowering your income and available soldiers
- Prosperity and Royal Focus: Well managed provinces in peaceful kingdoms will pay huge dividends in gold and manpower
- Hospitals and Royal Physicians: Prevent the outbreak of disease in your kingdom, and make sure your courtiers have access to the latest in Dark Ages Medical Science
- Royal Seclusion: Shield yourself from the diseases tearing your kingdom apart, even if it means ignoring the plight of your people
- New Event Chains: Is the new epidemic the End of Days? Is there someone else to blame for these horrors? Are there supernatural origins or solutions to the world’s problems?
With a highlight on the Black Death and other such epidemics, the effects of this latest update will be interesting to observe. Paradox Interactive are yet to announce a release date, however, they have stated that it will be released “shortly”. In the meantime, check out the trailer below.