Naughty Dog has officially launched Uncharted 4: Survival alongside a major multiplayer update.
Survival is Uncharted 4’s much-anticipated co-op mode that pits you and up to two friends against 50 waves of increasingly skilled enemies. There’s multiple difficulty levels, a dedicated progression system, unlockable rewards, and new Trophies. It sounds like a blast, but that’s not all the latest update brings to the table.
The latest multiplayer update adds a ton of new content. This includes two new maps, five new weapons, new character skins, color customization, and the King of the Hill game mode. Here’s a breakdown of all the new content:
- New Maps: Train Wreck (from Uncharted 2) and Prison
- Returning Classic Weapons: M4 Assault Rifle, PAK-80 Light Machine Gun, Micro 9mm Automatic Pistol, Para 9 Pistol, and the Desert 5 Pistol (Heavy Weapon)
- New Beta Test Playlist Mode: King of the Hill – teams to compete to retain control of a single Hill and earn Victory Points. Respawning restricted when your team controls the Hill
- New Character Skins: 48 new character skins, including new Biker-themed skins
- New Color Customization: Customize any character skin with 25 unique color variants
- New Multiplayer Levels and Rewards: Max rank increased to Level 90 with two new vanity unlocks
- New Challenges: Earn Relics with new Challenges for Multiplayer and Survival
Finally, Naughty Dog has revamped the multiplayer economy to make it more rewarding by permanently reducing the cost of in-game chests. This will make it a lot easier to unlock vanity and gameplay items. Naughty Dog is also introducing relic boosters that gives players a 300% increase in Relics earned for completing matches. Anyone who purchases or has purchased Uncharted points in the past will earn VIP Status, which gives them a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from Challenges. Be sure to check out the patch notes to see all the economy changes.
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is available now on PS4.