Capcom has announced Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers has gone gold, coming directly from executive producer Yoshinori Ono via Twitter. The game’s gold status means development and coding are final, and are prepared to be set on cartridges.
Capcom has gone into detail on what to expect on the newest iteration of Street Fighter 2 on Nintendo’s website:
- Features a stellar line-up of characters, including all of the original fighters and bosses, the characters added in Super Street Fighter II, plus the first new roster additions in nearly 20 years: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken!
- Choose between classic pixel-art graphics for a retro nostalgia trip, or enjoy a refined new modern look.
- Utilize the motion controls of the Joy-Con in “Way of the Hado” mode, a new first-person single player experience where players attempt to defeat the Shadaloo army using signature Hadoken and Shoryuken special moves.
- Team-up with a friend to take on the CPU opponent in a new co-op mode. Create new two-character combos and attack the CPU on both sides!
- Battle it out with a friend in local multiplayer or take the fight online in Ranked and Casual matches.
- Browse through a beautiful 250+ page digital art book featuring over 1,500 illustrations throughout Street Fighter’s 30-year history.
The game is set to release on May 26 for the Nintendo Switch.