The long wait for Destiny 2 on PS4 and Xbox One is drawing to a close. The first-person shooter from Activision and Bungie officially launches on consoles on September 6 and we’ve been able to play a whole of it. With an actual campaign, new worlds to explore, revamped multiplayer, Strikes to run through, and a new Raid, Destiny 2 is shaping up to be quite an exciting sequel. However, while we’ve gotten to explore a whole lot of what the game has to offer, we aren’t ready to publish a review quite yet.
As a purely online experience, Destiny 2 relies heavily on servers being online and functional. As such, we’re going to take some extra time to fully test the game and make sure it’s up and running. In the meantime, we’ll be publishing new content about Destiny 2 regularly before the review goes live. Be sure to keep checking back for more impressions, interviews with the developers and more.
Destiny 2 servers go live on September 6 at 12am EDT/September 5 at 9pm PDT. The PC version, sadly, won’t be out till October 24.
- Everything You Need to Know About Destiny 2 Before Launch
- Destiny 2: The Story So Far
- Destiny 2’s Nessus is Colorful, Vibrant, Dangerous
- The European Dead Zone is Born to Keep Destiny 2 Alive
- Bungie Discusses New Content, Multiplayer Changes, the Future of Destiny
- Destiny 2’s Campaign Seeks to to Deliver Compelling Storytelling, Characters
- Bungie’s Story Team Breaks Down Destiny 2’s Silent Protagonist, Ghaul’s Motive