EA and DICE have divulged details concerning every Galactic Assault Map, including those taking place during the Prequel era.
As revealed yesterday, Star Wars Battlefront II will launch with a total of 11 ground maps featuring locations pulled from all three eras. All of these maps can be played in the new Galactic Assault mode, where every map has unique objectives. Two teams of twenty players will do battle across these Star Wars locations, telling their own narrative through combat.
The Original Trilogy era, also known as the Galactic Civil War, is represented with five maps in Star Wars Battlefront II, the most of any era. Players will fight in the glistening hallways of Death Star II, the forest moon of Endor, the desert streets of Mos Eisley, the Great Temple on Yavin IV, and the icy wastes of Hoth:
- Death Star II – As the Battle of Endor rages all around it, an Alliance CR90 Corvette loses control and crashes straight into an open hangar on the massive Death Star. The surviving Rebels must fight their way out and quickly find another ship and escape before the Death Star itself explodes! To get out, the Rebels disable the tractor beam, disarm nearby weapons systems, and finally steal a shuttle and make good their departure. In the tight corridors and choke points inside Death Star II, there is little room for vehicular combat. Troopers, special characters, and heroes struggle at close range to overcome their enemies in an old-fashioned boots on the ground battle to the end.
- Endor – The tables have turned! Rebel saboteurs work quickly to steal an AT-AT walker and use it to attack a hidden Imperial base on Endor. This night battle begins with an Alliance attack on the walker. Should the Rebels manage to overwhelm the defenses around the AT-AT, they take control and set it on a march toward the Imperial outpost. Speeder bikes streak through the woods of the forest moon as Imperial AT-STs and their infantry try and head off the attack. The fight culminates with a brawl on the threshold of the base itself.
- Mos Eisley – Imperial stormtroopers rush from Llambda-class shuttles into the crowded streets of Mos Eisley. The massive limbs of AT-ST walkers kick up sand as Rebel blaster fire explodes all around them. The Imperial objective is simple: destroy the Alliance U-wing housed in a landing bay. To get there, they’ll need to fight through the outskirts of the city, secure the markets, and finally destroy their target. But the Rebels won’t surrender without a fight… X-34 Landspeeders wait in ambush and Alliance A-wings are waiting to pounce on the Imperial invaders.
- Yavin IV – Deep within the heart of the Great Temple on Yavin 4 is a secret of key importance to the survival of the Rebel Alliance. But Imperial ground forces have arrived! Death Troopers and stormtroopers must take out defensive turbolasers to open up the position, fight through the outlying Rebel outposts, storm the gate, and finally breach the inside of the massive complex and secure the data. Wookiee Warriors, U-wing gunships, and Rebel soldiers stand in the way of the relentless Imperial advance.
- Hoth – The icy wastes of Hoth are home to one of the Galactic Civil War’s most momentous battles. Plodding AT-AT walkers advance toward the Rebel position under air cover by TIE fighters, TIE Bombers, and TIE Interceptors, as Rebel defenders and their screen of A-wings, Y-wings, X-wings, and T-47s try and take down the AT-ATs and hold the position. Should the Imperials breach the defenses, their target is first the hangar bays. Once those are taken, their focus will shift to the internal fuel depot which they will detonate to obliterate the base.