Finally, after months of waiting, patch 4.1 is nearly here. We’ve had a handful of updates since Stormblood was released in June, but the first major release is just over a week away.
Why this is an important update is just the sheer amount of content added that will hopefully have players continuing their efforts as we progress towards an inevitable 5.0 release in a couple of years.
- New Story Missions (The Legend Returns)
- Alliance Raid: Return to Ivalice
- The Drowned City of Skalla Dungeon
- Extreme Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: Shinryu’s Domain
- Return of the Hildibrand Quests
- Kojin of the Blue Beast Tribe
- Shirogane Housing
- New Custom Deliveries
- Updates to Dungeon Exploration and The Lost Canals of Uznair
There’s also going to be various other modes coming after this update, including Ultimate Trial: The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Patch 4.11) and Rival Wings PVP Mode (Patch 4.15). It’s an exciting time to be a Final Fantasy XIV fan, that’s for sure. I for one am excited to finally be getting a house in Shirogane.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 4.1 will be available for free to anyone who has Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood on October 10.