EA Sports on Wednesday revealed the patch notes for its third title update to FIFA 18.
Posting on the FIFA Forums, EA Sports has implemented widespread changes across FIFA 18 in the new update.
Gameplay is one such area that has been addressed, specifically in the adjustment of the passing mechanic to allow players’ better control over the direction of passes.
General fixes have also been made in places that have affected FIFA 18, as well as offline modes such as Career Mode being patched in order to avoid crashes.
FIFA 18’s update extends to both Ultimate Team and other online modes.
Chile’s national team will have “authentic” kits and crest after the update, according to EA Sports.
Meanwhile, other parts of FIFA 18’s visual, audio and presentation have been changed, including the audio of Cristiano Ronaldo’s celebration and issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
The title update, which is already live on PC, will be making its way to both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the “coming weeks.”
Listed below are some of the main changes that EA Sports provided on FIFA 18’s third update. (You can read the full patch notes at FIFA Forums.)
Made the following changes in gameplay:
- Made ground passes and ground through passes less effective when blindly passing the ball between 90 and 270 degrees, where 0 degrees is the direction the player is facing.
- The most significant impact will be seen when the pass angle is between 140 and 220 degrees.
- The impact scales when the pass angle is between 90 (least impact) and 139 degrees and between 221 and 270 (least impact) degrees.
- The passes impacted by this change will see reduced ball speed and reduced accuracy.
Addressed the following issues in gameplay:
- The goalkeeper sometimes parrying the ball into his own goal.
- The goalkeeper diving too early on downward headers and volley shots.
- Players sometimes becoming invisible during a match.
- Dragbacks not working when rapidly tapping the modifier button.
- The goalkeeper, in some situations, being unable to throw the ball after making a save close to the goal line.
- The player automatically passing the ball from a set piece after the game had been paused in an online match.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- Added the objectives tile to the pause menu in all FUT online modes.
- Added guest mode in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.
- Disabled the FIFA Trainer within FUT Champions.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- An issue in Squad Building Challenges where tagging a group of challenges would make it unselectable.
- Wrong badge showing for your opponent on the Online Season’s Match Preview screens.
- Objective Completed visual notification not displaying correctly for some daily/weekly objectives.
- An issue with the effects shown during the pack opening animation.
Addressed the following issues in online modes:
- Players crashing when matching up in Pro Clubs friendly matches in certain situations.
- Players would not receive invites in Pro Clubs friendly matches in certain situations.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- Players crashing during the first game of the season in certain situations.
Addressed the following issues in audio/visual/presentation:
- Some issues with crowd flags displaying the wrong images.
- Situations where the ball would appear to go through the goal netting.
- An issue where a player on the ground would incorrectly animate as flipping or spinning.
- Celebrations clipping through ad boards.