Switch owners looking for some music-based fun might just find what they’re looking for in Super Beat Sports. The game is the newest release from Harmonix, the studio behind Rock Band and the recently released Dropmix card game. Super Beat Sports offers its players local multiplayer for up to four players across five sports-themed minigames.
- BuddyBall (1-4p) pits players against the aliens in a musically-enhanced ball-bashing bruhaha.
- WhackyBat (1-2p) has player compete by hitting the enemie’s pitches back at them, the player who can maintain their streak the longest is the winner!
- GobbleGolf (1-2p) players match musical patterns to feed an alien. Whomever can feed it the most will enjoy the succulent sandwich of victory!
- NetBall (1-2p) players need to keep the ralley going for as long as possible.
- RhythmRacket (1-4p) It’s a free-for-all mode! Protect your goal and score on everyone else!
Each game involves whacking objects around on the screen, but there’s a catch. It all has to be done in time with the music. Timing quite literally is everything. Just flailing about will guarantee a quick loss and a bad time. Check out the trailer below for a better idea of what Super Beat Sports has to offer.
Super Beat Sports is currently available for Nintendo Switch and iOS devices.