With the recent public backlash of the loot crates and progression system in Star Wars Battlefront II, EA and Ghost Games are making even more changes to the recently-released Need for Speed Payback. While a slew of initial changes were announced, EA is planning on even more changes. Most importantly, the time for parts within the tune-up shops has been reduced from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. Completing events, bait crates and roaming racing will amount in more in-game bank as well as more REP.
More changes are coming to Ranked Speedlists and will offer an increased amount of parts for payout. Even participating will net a 50% chance of receiving an item. Lastly, Air Suspension will have the same chance of being in a Shipment as all other vanity items. EA and Ghost Games are listening to player feedback for Payback and below are these changes that are available now and upcoming changes with a patch to be dated later.
The Changes – Already Live
- Decreased the time it takes for new parts to appear in Tune-Up shops, down from 30mins to 10mins.
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Increased rate in which parts are rewarded within Ranked Speedlists.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
The Changes – Coming in a Patch
- Tune-up shops now stock higher quality parts.
- Improved quality of cards from targeted rolls in the Tune-up Shops.
- Increased the level on parts awarded from winning events.
- Multiple fixes to Improve stability.
- Improved game performance.