Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions have released the first of two Nemesis expansions for Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
The bloodthirsty Slaughter tribe has finally surfaced in Mordor. This tribe of orc loves to slide and dice their enemies, and have quite an appetite for flesh. The introduction of the Slaughter Tribe includes new Tribal Showdowns, a new fortress theme, a legendary gear set, and more:
- Tribal Showdowns – New missions allowing players to face down Captains from the Slaughter tribe, with each showdown bringing unique challenges to complete.
- Tribal War Bands – Aid your ally and defeat your nemesis when facing off in the new Tribal War Bands quests as Captains from the Slaughter tribe bring their own forces to clash in battle.
- New Fortress Theme – Fortresses can now be commanded by and embody the characteristics of the Slaughter tribe, including themed monuments, outposts and Overlord throne room.
- Legendary Gear Set – Hunt down Legendary Slaughter tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
- Blood Ambush – Repel Captains from the Slaughter tribe as a succession of Orcs stage an ambush in true Slaughter tribe fashion.
The Nemesis Expansion is going to cost you, but those who want to continue the Shadow of War experience without the DLC will get new content to try out. Announced last week, a bunch of additional content has officially gone live for free. This includes Endless Siege, Rebellion, and the Enhanced Photo Mode.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can get the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion for $9.99, or as part of the $39.99 Expansion Pass.