Think you’re the best at breaking ankles in NBA 2K18? You’ll get to prove it in January. Brendan Donohue, who serves as League Managing Director for NBA 2K, announced the League Qualifier will begin on January 1. The first stage will last until January 31. This isn’t just some online competition, as Donohue answered questions on reddit, Tuesday, which can be read here. Cities will actually draft these teams and relocate the players and cover expenses. This will truly be virtual basketball in its purest form. There are some requirements, which begins with winning 50 Pro-am games and filling out an online form. Donohue went on to answer some more detailed questions from user /r/Jaykonus. He also confirmed there would be a true live drafted that will be broadcasted for teams selecting players. The details are listed below.
- The first stage of qualifying for the NBA 2K League will take place from Jan. 1-31
- Players need to win 50 games in NBA 2K18’s Pro-Am mode and complete an online application by January 31
- The January qualifying stage is open to anyone around the world who has a copy of NBA 2K18 (PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) and is 18 or older
- Players can compete as a walk-on, part of a team or a combination
- Winning more than 50 games does not increase a player’s standing