The latest update for Nintendo’s Switch console is now available for console owners to download. The additions and changes it brings aren’t revolutionary, but they’re definitely nice features to have nonetheless. The full list includes the following additions:
- Friend suggestions will now include Facebook and Twitter friends who own Switch consoles.
- By using the Parental Controls App, specific software titles to can be added to your whitelist in order to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting.
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization.
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad.
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading more quickly, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode.
- Users will now receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play.
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu.
- News can now be filtered to show only unread news or news from specific channels.
- Users can now choose from 24 new ARMS and Kirby series icons for their user image.
While parents most certainly benefit most from this round of updates, the quality of life improvements to finding friends and making software purchases will likely be appreciated by many Switch owners out there.
For those who haven’t yet updated their Switch and would like some instruction, Nintendo has included a reminder of how to do it on the official page for the update.