Shattered Bloodline is the latest drop of DLC to come to Dead by Daylight, and it is out today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The expansion comes with a killer, a survivor, and a map, and the focus here is definitely on Japan.
Our new killer is called The Spirit. She is based in Japanese horror lore, which deals a lot in ancestors and spiritual power. The Spirit can “phase-walk” using her power called Yamaoka’s Haunting, which allows her to travel to a different plane. While in the separate plane, The Spirit is invisible to survivors, save for a husk she leaves behind. However, there is a catch. While in the spirit world, she can no longer see survivors or their blood trails. This ability lasts five seconds at a time and allows The Spirit to move 45% faster than she normally can.
The Spirit also comes with her own set of perks.
- Every time a pallet is broken, the fury of The Entity builds within. After breaking 4/3/2 pallets, the next dropped pallet you interact with will be instantly broken by the Entity.
Hex: Haunted Ground
- Spawn 2 trapped Hex Totems. When 1 of the 2 trapped Hex Totems is cleansed by a Survivor, all Survivors suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 40/60/80 seconds. The remaining trapped Hex Totem immediately becomes a Dull Totem.
- Obsession Perk when a Generator is completed. The Obsession location is revealed to you for 2 seconds and the Obsession sees your aura for 4/3/2 seconds. When the Obsession is dead, all Survivors location are revealed to you for 2 seconds each time a Generator is completed.
Adam Francis is the new survivor in Shattered Bloodline, known as The Inspiring Teacher. They describe him as a “resourceful thinker,” and a “driven autodidact.” He’s from Jamaica, but moved to Japan and becomes a teacher. An exclusive Graduation Day Suit comes alongside the Shattered Bloodline DLC.
Adam comes with a set of perks as well.
- Activatable Perk The perk activates after staying within The Killer’s Terror Radius for a total of 30 seconds while not in a chase. Once the perk has activated, press the active ability button while crouched and not moving to throw a pebble that creates a loud noise notification at a distance of 10/15/20 meters. The perk deactivates once it has been used.
- After completing a Cautious unhook on a Survivor, the Perk activates. Your next attempt to escape and unhook yourself from a hook has a 100% chance to succeed. After successfully unhooking yourself, the Broken Status Effect is applied for 100/80/60 seconds.
- You start the trial with a -20% progression penalty for a successful Skill Check while healing other Survivors. For every successful Skill Check completed while healing another Survivor, you receive a token for a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Each token grants you a +20% bonus progression on a successful Skill Check while healing other Survivors.
The new map takes place at the Yamaoka Residence, which has been run down over the many years that have passed. Everything has seemed to wither except for the tree in the middle of the yard, which remains tall and strong.
Dead by Daylight is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The base game will run you $19.99 USD. Shattered Bloodline is set at $6.99.